Merry (almost) Christmas!!!!!!!!!! If you’re new here, let me fill you in on a little secret.. I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Everything about the holiday season brings me joy (sometimes a little stress) but mainly joy.
One of my favorite traditions that I started with my Mother-In-Law 3 years ago is baking Christmas cookies. The first two years we did it all in one weekend, but this year we split it up into 3-4 different days which I actually preferred. We didn’t keep track but we figured we made well over 1,000 cookies and over 20 different varieties.
Myself, my Mother-In-Law, and my Brother-in-Law’s girlfriend split the cookies into thirds and each bring them to our extended family Christmas parties. This year we started baking them at the beginning of December and then spastic days throughout. In order to keep them fresh we put them in the freezer until we’re ready to serve them at the parties.
We blast Christmas music, destroy the kitchen, and eat all the burnt cookies. It has now become one of my favorite things to do over the holidays!
I thought I would share a few of the recipes with you all in case you want to try them out!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Chocolate Cherry Nuggets (the light pink and brown chunky ones)
- Mini Gingerbread Men
- Soft Molasses Cookies: we dipped 1/2 in white chocolate after they were baked and then added little mistletoes with frosting
- Holly Cookies (the bright green with red jelly’s)
- Peanut Butter Blossoms (with the Hersey kiss in the middle)
- Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Spritz (the blue snowflakes)
- Raspberry Meringues (light pink ones)
- Christmas Tree Brownies (box brownies cut out with cookie cutters and decorated with a candy cane, icing, and snowflakes)
Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any of these! 🙂 Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!!
Peace and Love,